Stir-Fried Thai Noodles
8 oz (250 g) rice noodles (sen lek)
3 tablespoons oil
3 garlic cloves (kratiem), minced
1/4 cup dried shrimp/prawns
1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) fish sauce (nam pla)
1/4 cup (2 oz/60 g) sugar
2 tablespoons tamarind juice (ma-kaam piag)
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 cup fried tofu
2 tablespoons dried unsalted turnip, cut into small pieces
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup 1-in (2.5-cm) lengths chopped chives
1/4 cup (2 oz/60 g) ground roasted peanuts
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup chopped chives
1/4 small banana blossom, cut into strips
1/2 lime, cut into wedges
How to cook:
1. Enjoy rice noodles in cold water for 30 minutes or until tender. Strain and set aside.
2. Heat a large frying pan, oil. Add shrimp and stir fry the garlic and dried. Pasta and cook until translucent. It may be necessary to reduce the heat so the mixture is cooked very quickly and keep the pasta.
3. Add to taste the fish sauce, tamarind juice, sugar and pepper. Stir-fry mixture and mix well. Add tofu, carrots and eggs.
4. Increase the heat and cook the egg, stirring gently. Mix well and cook over low heat for about 2 minutes until the liquid is mostly reduced.
5. Stir in chives, peanuts and soybeans. Portions on a plate, place the sprouts, chives, banana blossom and lime attractively and serve.
*** Note the infant does not enter a course set. Depending on preferences. ^V^